Family Day is fast approaching and that means we’ll be headed into a fantastic long weekend. To help keep the kids from getting stir crazy, we’ve put together some family friendly events across the Niagara Region.
From November to January, White Meadows is hard at work preparing for the spring maple rush. Come celebrate maple during their sugaring season from January to April. Make sure to check our the Sugar Bush Adventure and finish it off with a stack of delicious pancakes!
The Niagara IceDogs are holding their annual Skills Competition presented by Swiss Chalet on Family Day, Feb. 16th.
The event starts at 1:00pm and it will be Team Hope vs. Team Moran. Admission is free with the donation of spaghetti and pasta sauce for Community Care.
The IceDogs will be split up into two teams captained by Brandon Hope and Brent Moran and will compete in a different events designed to showcase various skills.
Lace Up! Come out and have some fun! Celebrate Family Day with some fun family time! Free Skate time sponsored by FACS Niagara will be offered at the following locations and times:
- Fort Erie, Leisureplex, 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Grimsby, Peach King Arena, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- St. Catharines, Seymour-Hannah complex, 11:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
- Lincoln, Jordan Arena, 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- West Lincoln, West Lincoln-Smithville Arena, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Wainfleet, Wainfleet Arena, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- NOTL, Meridian Arena, 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Port Colborne, Humberstone Arena, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Canadian residents can fish without buying a fishing licence this Family Day Weekend, which runs Feb. 14-16, 2015.
Before venturing out:
- Check ice conditions with local ice hut operators or other anglers.
- Let others know where you’re planning to fish and when you plan to return.
- Appropriate clothing and equipment are critical to safety and comfort. Many anglers wear floatation suits and carry a set of ice picks.
So get outside and enjoy some fresh air this weekend in communities across the province.
Only a few days until the 6th Annual Niagara Inflatables Family Day Fundraiser for Community Care! Join this Monday from 10am to 2pm at the Ballhockey.com Athletic Centre at 16 Melbourne Avenue in St. Catharines for Bouncy Castles, Slides, Mini Golf, Ball Hockey, Face Painting, Balloon Twisting, Reptiles and more! Gate entry is just $5.00 per person and all gate fees go to Community Care!
Family Day weekend is just around the corner and Clifton Hill is the perfect destination for fun by the Falls for all ages…young and old! There is plenty to see and do, and when you book a stay at the Comfort Inn Clifton Hill you can customize a Family Day weekend package that’s just right for your needs and the needs of your family! We are the primary hotel in Niagara Falls that can cater to exactly what you want.
Click here for our Niagara Falls Package builder options!
There’s family fun at the Welland Community Wellness Complex!
Come by on February 16 from 10 am – 2 pm for:
- Kids Kraft Korner
- Inflatable Bouncer
- Massive Child’s Play Area
- Drop-In Badminton and Table Tennis